Top Ten Tuesday is turning 10! This week’s topic is any past topic, so I chose Most Recent Additions to my To-Be-Read List.
As an avid reader, I am always adding new titles to my TBR list. Sometimes I choose a book because I’ve heard a lot about it. sometimes because it’s by a favorite author. And other times because I simply intrigued. In light of recent events in the United States, several authors, publishers, and bookstores have provided lists of Authors of Color and specifically Black Authors. What a treasure trove! And what an opportunity to support these writers! I scoured these lists looking for new-to-me authors, especially in genres I particularly enjoy. Here’s a sampling of the books I’m excited about:
I love short stories and novellas. It’s a wonderful way to be introduced to a variety of new authors, many of whom also have full length novels. One of my favorite short story series is the Novella Collections produced by Barbour Publishing. These three novellas are at the top of my TBR List.
1. The Bakery Bride by Cecelia Dowdy in The Underground Railroad Brides
2. Lessons of the Heart by Terri J. Haynes in A Teacher’s Heart
3. The Elusive Heiress by Noelle Marchand in The Runaway Brides
If you hadn’t noticed from my choice of novellas, I love history, which makes Historical Romance one of my most loved genres. Here are several books I’ve added to my TBR List.
4. The Preacher’s Promise (Home to Milford College, #1) by Piper Huguley
5. A Quiet Strength (Salis House Plantation, #1) by Embassie Susberry
6. An Agent for Arielle (The Pinkerton Matchmaker, #12) by Parker J. Cole
Since history is not always everyone’s favorite, it’s hard to beat a sweet contemporary romance as the perfect, relaxing read. Here are two that caught my attention to add to my TBR List.
7. Love in Pictures by Alexis A. Goring
8. Kiss and ‘Telle? by Nadine C. Keels
Christmas is my favorite holiday and I especially love Christmas stories. Here’s one I added to my TBR list.
9. Deck the Shelves (Heartfalls #1) Toni Shiloh
All the authors thus far are new-to-me authors, so I saved this final addition to my TBR List for someone who is not a new-to-me author. In fact, she is a friend of mine and one of the most amazing women I know. Her children’s book Different Like Me releases in August and it is at the top of my list to buy for my two kiddos. I cannot wait to read it.
10. Different Like Me (August 4, 2020) Xochitl Dixon
For other Top Ten lists, visit That Artsy Reader Girl.